Incase you are depending on on Civil4d.com for all your AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge :-), or your Autodesk communication center is turned off, or your company has blocked all your social media accounts; I decided to post the news that Civil 3D 2012 Update 1 has been released and is ready for download. Follow the link to take you to the download page.
Make sure you choose the correct version for your installation (either 32-bit or 64-bit).
For link and to see what’s been fixed…
The following issues have been resolved:
- Performance while adding entities to an alignment has been improved.
- An inconsistent result from the Alignment.StationOffset() .NET API has been resolved.
- AlignmentEntity::SubEntityCount now shows the correct value.
- An issue where corridor overrides cannot be deleted from some migrated drawings has been resolved.
- Corridor Section Editor performance has been improved.
- Corridor rebuilding performance has been improved.
- An issue where corridor feature lines do not connect if the center alignment and offset alignment have different station ranges has been resolved.
- When switching drawings containing corridors, the application no longer becomes unresponsive.
- When running quantities using a LandSuperElevationAOR with a subbase of 0.00′, the application no longer becomes unresponsive.
- While generating materials automatically by sample line group in the Quantity Takeoff Criteria dialog box, cancelling the process no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- An issue were broken references for the alignment subtype could not be repaired has been resolved.
- The rail alignment icon in the Data Shortcut tree no longer changes to a centerline icon after creating a reference.
- The alignment subtypes and profile information are no longer lost after converting a Vault project into a Data Shortcut project.
- Startup time has been improved when opening projects located on a remote server.
- A permission conflict when creating Data Shortcuts has been resolved.
- An error is no longer generated when creating a profile reference.
- Subassembly issues found by the AUDIT command are now repaired.
- Export to AutoCAD no longer changes alignment label or section view label appearance.
- Running Edit Text from the context menu no longer disables the text edit command after first use.
- Undocking the Inquiry Tool no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- Changing the value of the Object Property Data optionin the Publish Options dialog box no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- Changing the style of a point group in Toolspace no longer causes the application to become inactive.
- AutoCAD commands are no longer slow to initiate when xref’s are attached.
- Clicking the Help button from the Tool Palette now opens content as expected.
- Icons in contextual ribbons now appear as expected.
- The Grading to Surface command no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
Hydrology and Hydraulics
- Hydraflow Express has been updated to calculate culvert coefficients as expected.
- The Storm Sewers import command now rounds 2" and 8" diameter pipes properly.
- Part styles are no longer mismatched when importing with Part Swapping turned off and Part Family turned on when using the Storm Sewers import command.
- An unexpected error that occurs when creating a block that contains a grading object has been resolved.
- Referenced pipes are now appearing as expected in section view.
- Selecting the Map Task Pane button on the View tab of the ribbon in the Planning and Analysis workspace no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- An error when creating a best fit profile with pipes in profile view has been resolved.
- Null structures with the same location as junction structures are now deleted as expected.
- Using the Repair All References command no longer causes an unexpected error.
- Performance while opening a drawing with a surface profile has been improved.
- A message that blocks a user from checking in a drawing file when working in a full replication environment has been removed.
- Shared profiles are now displayed as expected in Prospector for Offset, Curb Return, and Miscellaneous alignments.
- When importing a project from a data shortcut folder, profile objects in new drawings can now be seen in Prospector after import.
- After checking a drawing into Vault, referenced objects are now listed on the Where Used tab as expected.
- Check-in performance has been improved.
- The data file no longer loses dependency information upon import into a new Vault project.
- Unnecessary folders are no longer being checked in along with the project during the import process.
- Clearing highlight from QTO Manager no longer causes an unexpected error.
- Corridor reports now work as expected.
- The Transportation Extension Slope Stake report has been updated to the latest version and now runs as designed.
- There is no longer a discrepancy between the reported bounded volume and the TIN volume surface when the same polyline applied as a boundary.
- Surfaces now tessellate around curves in parcels as expected.
- Surface volume computation performance has been improved.
- Deleting a point from a surface no longer causes the application to close unexpectedly.
- An unexpected error no longer occurs when opening a file with Level of Detail turned on.
- A latitude and longitude field book file no longer creates reversed northing and easting coordinates.
- The Point File Formats dialog box in the Import Survey Data wizard now saves changes.
- The application now generates the proper point descriptions from the TSS point codes and the "TSS/Comment" field in the survey database.
- Survey linework coding now properly parses descriptions that contain leading or doubled up comment escape delimiters.
- The transition length table in the Superelevation wizard is no longer reset to the first one in the list.
- The paste icon now appears on the Home tab in the 2D Drafting & Annotation workspace.
You may want to grab the hotfix that goes with it! We had a few users that could not get the XREF files to come in. Hotfix seem to fix the problem.
Which hotfix is that? There are no updates after SP1. There is a hotfix for performance slowdown, but it states very clearly that it should not be installed after SP1.