Yes you heard me, static null structure descriptions! One of the most annoying things about null structures when designing a storm system are the description resetting if you make any changes to the connected pipes inverts or within the structure properties. I would always find myself having to go back through each null structure to make sure it did not reset. For the longest time I looked high and low to see if anyone had found a way to fix this or work around this issue. Make the jump to learn my workaround.
Tonight I started playing around with my storm drawing and discovered how to keep my description from resetting while I was making changes to the slope and inverts of my pipe.
- Open up your base utility drawing or you base drawing that has your pipes and structures.
- Open the quick properties and go into the customize or settings
- Turn on slope and starting and ending invert elevations for pipes and hit apply
- Select a null structure and when the quick properties pops up select description option
- A small pop window will appear. Type your description here.
- Now when you need to make changes to the slope or inverts, do them through the quick properties because if you go through the structure or even pipe properties the null description will reset. On top of that, if you even select the Connected Pipes tab in the structure properties your description will reset immediately.
I hope you enjoyed this post and start using the quick properties more. 🙂