It was too good a comment to not spread the love, er, testify!- JW
What sort of a Commandment list would we have, if there weren’t 15 *crash* er, um..10! Yes! 10 Commandments!
- Thou shall not use non-dynamic objects when a dynamic object is available.
Why else would you be using Civil 3d instead of LDD?
- Thou shall use a template…always, always, always.
- Thou shall not explode dynamic objects.
This one has an exception or two, otherwise it would be #1. Gradings, I’m talking about you, sir!
- Thou shall use dual monitors, plenty of memory and a proper video card.
If you don’t have these, you’re not going to be happy with the results.
- Thou shall close the layer dialog box when you’re done with it.
…Or thou shall be stricken with a slow PC.
- Thou shall love thy Ribbon.
Even if you didn’t like it before, you’re going to be much better off learning to love it.
- Thou shall save and save often.
Jesus saves, why don’t you?
- Thou shall not save changes upon crashing.
In direct contradiction to #7, don’t save something that’s already screwed up. If you follow #7, #8 won’t hurt so bad.
- Thou shall not use autosave.
No easy way around #7.
- Thou shall not use Vault.
This one is punishable by an eternity in the fiery perdition that is vault.
…and there should be an Golden Rule, as keeping with the faith:
Thou shall SHARE THE LOVE.
Without the great help of dozens of you faithful bloggers, MBers and user group members, I wouldn’t know 1/10th of what I know.
Now go out and testify!