Seems like much of the country is now getting C3D 2008 in their hot little hands. The flurry of activity in the discussion groups the last few days is higher than normal. Here’s a few changes to be aware of that might help get you through the transition:
- Points are back to being entities, not point groups. This will make point control a bit more interesting. I hope we’ll have a post on it soon.
- You need to Control-Click to access many labels. Talk to San Rafael, this is their “contribution” to the interface. I’m not a fan to be honest.
- Corridor information is available through an XREF, not through Vault. Too much stuff in a corridor to make Vaulting the data the full way to go. Sections outside the Corridor dwg will be handy though.
- Vault isn’t going anywhere. Dance with the girl that brung ya. If your reseller tells you it is, they don’t know what they’re talking about. Call us. Call anyone. Get better help.
- Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 will be published and on the shelves in about September. Yeah, I know, but things happen, and dates slip. Amazing what happens when you try to write instructional material against beta code.
- The first round of bugs is coming. There are bugs in the software. There will always be bugs in the software. But you can help find them by participating in the myfeedback program. I said it in the groups, I will say it again here, software development is a relationship. If you don’t work on that relationship, why would the programming team?
For those that don’t know, Mark’s had some surgery this week, getting his hip doctored up. He’s doing well, but keep him in your thoughts. See you tomorrow!